The English Department hires adjunct faculty in a range of disciplines, and they constitute a vital and valued element in the department. A master’s degree is required to teach in the English Department.
More specific qualifications and requirements for each discipline and information about current openings and the hiring process within that discipline are available here:
- Creative Writing
- English Education
- First-Year Writing
- Literature and Humanities
- Technical Communication
To apply for a position
- Download the file: Application for Adjunct Faculty Position.
- Fill out the application form, and save it under your last name.
- E-mail the following items to KimberlyBrandt@boisestate.edu:
- Completed application form
- Letter of application
- Current curriculum vitae
- Click on the link above for each discipline you are applying for and follow any additional directions. Some disciplines may request further materials in hard copy to be delivered directly to the discipline director.
Please note that adjunct positions are part time only, contracts are for one semester at a time, and it is not possible to guarantee any course assignment if you are accepted into the pool of adjunct instructors.