Director of Rhetoric and Composition
Director of Writing, Rhetoric, and Technical Communication
email@example.com | LA-209A
Whitney teaches graduate and undergraduate courses in rhetoric, writing, and writing pedagogy. Her teaching and research interests include feminist and disability rhetorics and community literacy. She is especially interested in projects that bring together university and community members for purposes of making new knowledge and change.
- Ph.D., English, Rhetoric and Composition, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- M.A., English, Boise State University
- B.A., English, Weber State University
Community literacy, feminist rhetorics, disability rhetorics
- “Shared Landscapes, Contested Borders: Locating Disciplinarity in an MA Program Revision.” (with Heidi Estrem, Kelly Myers, and Dawn Shepherd). Composition, Rhetoric, and Disciplinarity: Traces of the Past, Issues of the Moment, and Prospects for the Future. Eds. Rita Malenczyk, Susan Miller-Cochran, Elizabeth Wardle, and Kathleen Blake Yancey. Logan, UT: Utah State University Press. Forthcoming.
- “Developing Civic Agents by Framing Curriculum With Children’s Concerns” (with Sara W. Fry, Jeffrey D. Wilhelm, and Angela Housley). Social Studies and the Young Learner 27.4 (2015): 27-30. Print.
- The Activist Learner: Inquiry, Literacy, and Service to Make Learning Matter (with Jeffrey D. Wilhelm and Sara W. Fry) New York, NY: Teachers College Press, 2014. Print.