We offer the following graduate programs so you can earn a Master of Arts (M.A.) degree in English.
- M.A. in English, Literature
- The M.A. in English, Literature enhances and fosters crucial skills of critical and creative thinking. It provides advanced training in the analysis and articulation of language through the study of texts from a variety of cultures and origins and in a wide array of media.
- M.A. in English, Rhetoric and Composition
- The M.A. in English, Rhetoric and Composition provides students with a strong foundation in both rhetorical theory and composition pedagogy, preparing graduates for both careers in the teaching of writing and for further graduate study in the field.
- M.A. in Teaching English Language Arts
- This degree is primarily intended for teachers in grades K-13 who are interested in learning more about effective teaching of literacy (writing, reading/literature, and language/linguistics) and applying their learning to their own teaching.
- M.A. in Technical Communication
- Students in the M.A. in Technical Communication (MATC) program learn both the theory and practice of technical communication, drawing on such disciplines as professional writing, rhetoric and composition, STEM communication, linguistics, cognitive psychology, human-computer interaction, sociology, and cultural and gender studies. They also get hands-on experience in writing, editing, print and digital design, coding, accessibility, and user experience.
We also offer a Graduate Certificate in Technical Communication, which enables students in any field to choose a unified, coherent group of courses in technical communication and related disciplines.