The Direct Admission Pathway (DAP) provides a way for qualifying Intensive English Program students to be admitted to Boise State University without the required English language proficiency test score. Boise State University will waive the TOEFL/IELTS test requirements and the student will be admitted unconditionally if the student’s academic record is satisfactory.
Admission Requirements Checklist for DAP:
- Enrolled in the IEP program 8 weeks before entering DAP;
- In good academic standing in current courses;
- In IEP levels 4 or 5 in at least 2 of the core classes
- Oral interview; (signed interview form attached).
- Meet the WEBCAPE test requirements;
- Two-page admission essay outlining personal academic goals of study.
DAP Specialized Elective Course:
Qualifying students take, in addition to their other IEP courses, a sixteen-week elective course, the University Skills and DAP portfolio workshop, which meets 2 contact hours per week. Through this course, the student works one-on-one with an instructor to create a final portfolio which is evaluated by a committee. The portfolio includes Writing Skills, Communication Skills, and University Skills portions.