Intensive English Program students enjoy many cultural and outdoor options around Boise. Some of our most popular activities are:
- Picnics, Parks, and Festivals – Attend concerts, theater performances, sporting events, picnics, and community events as well as many of Boise’s summer music and arts festivals.
- Sports – Play badminton, soccer, basketball, tennis, Frisbee, or volleyball with new friends on campus. The University recreation center is a brand-new, state-of-the-art facility offering sports, fitness, and recreation activities.
- American Culture & History – Visit the Boise Art Museum, the Idaho Historical Museum, and the Black History Museum of Idaho located across the Boise River from the Boise State campus. Walk on the historic “Basque block” and visit the Basque Museum.
- Skiing, Snowboarding, and Snowshoeing – Bogus Basin Ski Resort is just 16 miles from downtown Boise and the mountains around Boise are excellent for cross-country skiing and snowshoeing. Also, weekend trips to famous Sun Valley can be arranged.
- Tour Yellowstone National Park – See Old Faithful Geyser, Yellowstone Falls, beautiful mountain scenery and lots of wildlife including buffalo, elk, and, maybe even a bear or wolf!
- Canoeing, Kayaking and Rafting – Float on the Boise River, through the Snake River Canyon, or down the Payette River from the mountains to the high desert plains.
Explore outdoor life in the Rocky Mountains with us!