Michal Temkin Martínez
Mondays 11:30am – 1:00pm (virtual, by Google Hangouts)
Wednesdays 10:00am – 12:00pm (in person, SMASH 218)
- I co-taught a course on integrating theory,
experimental, and documentary linguistics and
co-presenting a plenary MODELS talk at CoLang 2016
- I co-presented a poster at the meeting of the
Acoustical Society of America with former student
Haley Boone about the apparent nasal effacement
in voiceless prenasalized stops in Somali Chizigula
on May 27th.
- I presented about inquiry-based learning and
co-taught a mini-course on Thriving as an Early
Career Faculty Member at the 90th Annual
Meeting of the LSA in Washington, DC.
- I co-presented about exceptions in Modern
Hebrew spirantization at the Annual Meeting
on Phonology in Vancouver, BC, Canada.
- I presented a colloquium talk about how
experimental approaches can assist in language
documentation at Florida International University
- I will be co-teaching a mini-course on Innovative
Pedagogy in Linguistics and organizing a Special
Session about Endangered Languages in the
Undergraduate Classroom at the 91st Annual
Meeting of the LSA in Austin, TX.
- I am helping organize the 2017 Western Conference
on Linguistics (WECOL) at Boise State University.
The conference will take place April 14 – 16, 2017.