Michal Temkin Martínez
Associate Professor of Linguistics
Director, Mary Ellen Ryder Linguistics Lab
Faculty in Residence, Honors College
Boise State University
Office Location: SMASH 218B
Tuesdays and Thursdays 1:00pm – 2:00pm (SMASH 218)
Wednesdays 9:00am – 11:00am (Honors College Room 165)
- A paper I co-authored with former undergraduate
student Vanessa Rosenbaum, Acoustic and Aerodynamic
Data on Somali Chizigula Stops has been published
in the book “Africa’s Endangered Languages: Documentary
and Theoretical approaches” edited by Jason Kandybowicz and
Harold Torrence. The book was published by Oxford University Press.
- Our program recently hosted the 2017 Western Conference
on Linguistics (WECOL) at Boise State University. I am now working
on editing the conference proceedings with Gail Shuck and Tim Thornes.
- I will be visiting the Ohio State University Linguistics
Department to give a lecture on Facilitating Inquiry-Based
Learning at the Undergraduate Level in November 2017.
- I will be co-teaching a mini-course on Innovative
Pedagogy in Linguistics and at the 92nd Annual
Meeting of the Linguistic Society of America this
January in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- I will be co-teaching a course on Integrating Experimental
Methods, Language Documentation, and (Linguistc) Theory
with Dr. Seunghun Lee at CoLang 2018 at the University of
Florida this summer!