Associate Professor of Linguistics
Director, Mary Ellen Ryder Linguistics Lab
Director, Linguistics Program
Faculty in Residence, Honors College
Boise State University
Office/Lab Location: SMASH 218B
I use she/her/hers pronouns, and I prefer students address me by my first name, which is pronounced THIS WAY.
My full last name is Temkin Martínez (not just Martínez), and I have a Ph.D., so the formal way to address or introduce me is Dr. Temkin Martínez.
Office Hours for Spring 2019:
Tuesdays and Thursdays 2:00pm – 3:00pm (SMASH 218)
Thursdays 9:00am – 10:15am (virtual office hours)
- As chair of the LSA’s Committee on Endangered Languages and their Preservation, I helped organize the LSA’s official kick-off event for the UN’s International Year of Indigenous Languages.
- Our program hosted the 2017 Western Conference
on Linguistics (WECOL) at Boise State University. I am now working
on editing the conference proceedings with Gail Shuck and Tim Thornes.
- I co-taught a course on Integrating Experimental
Methods, Language Documentation, and (Linguistc) Theory
with Dr. Seunghun Lee at CoLang 2018 at the University of
Florida this summer.
- I am the co-chair of the planning committee for the Undergraduate Research Conference at Boise State University. Join us on April 15th!
- This summer, I will be giving one of the invited talks at the symposium on Linguistic Research with Diaspora Communities at the LSA’s 2019 Summer Linguistic Institute at UC, Davis.