Michal Temkin Martínez
Associate Professor of Linguistics
Director, Mary Ellen Ryder Linguistics Lab
Boise State University
Office Location: SMASH 218B
Credit: John Kelly, Boise State University
Mondays 11:30am – 1:00pm (virtual, by Google Hangouts)
Wednesdays 10:00am – 12:00pm (in person, SMASH 218)
For information about the
Languages of Boise,
please click here.
- I co-taught a course on integrating theory,
experimental, and documentary linguistics and
co-presenting a plenary MODELS talk at CoLang 2016
- I co-presented a poster at the meeting of the
Acoustical Society of America with former student
Haley Boone about the apparent nasal effacement
in voiceless prenasalized stops in Somali Chizigula
on May 27th.
- A paper I co-authored with former undergraduate
student Ivana Müllner, titled Specific Exceptions
Driving Variation: The Role of Orthography in
Modern Hebrew Spirantization has been published
in the Proceedings of the Annual Meeting on Phonology.
- I will be co-teaching a mini-course on Innovative
Pedagogy in Linguistics and organizing a Special
Session about Endangered Languages in the
Undergraduate Classroom at the 91st Annual
Meeting of the Linguistic Society of America this
January in Austin, TX.
- I will be co-presenting two posters at the 5th International
Conference on Language Documentation and Conservation
at the University of Hawai’i, Manōa this March.
- Responding to Felt Needs: A Model for
Documentation with Refugees — with Tim Thornes
- Educating service providers about culturally
appropriate communicative practices to
better serve refugees — with Sarah Plane.
- I am helping organize the 2017 Western Conference
on Linguistics (WECOL) at Boise State University.
The conference will take place in October 2017.