Associate Professor of Linguistics
Director, Mary Ellen Ryder Linguistics Lab
Director, Linguistics Program
Faculty in Residence, Honors College
Boise State University
Office/Lab Location: SMASH 218B
Office Hours for Fall 2018:
Tuesdays and Thursdays 1:00pm – 2:00pm (SMASH 218)
Wednesdays 9:15am – 11:15am (South Fork Market-by the fireplace)
- Our program recently hosted the 2017 Western Conference
on Linguistics (WECOL) at Boise State University. I am now working
on editing the conference proceedings with Gail Shuck and Tim Thornes.
- I visited the Ohio State University Linguistics
Department to give a lecture on Facilitating Inquiry-Based
Learning at the Undergraduate Level in November 2017.
- I co-taught a mini-course on Innovative
Pedagogy in Linguistics and at the 92nd Annual
Meeting of the Linguistic Society of America in
January 2018 in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- I co-taught a course on Integrating Experimental
Methods, Language Documentation, and (Linguistc) Theory
with Dr. Seunghun Lee at CoLang 2018 at the University of
Florida this summer.
- I’m taking the month of July off to explore the natural beauty of Idaho and the surrounding area! :)