Note: You may use the graduation requirements in effect at any time you were attending Boise State.
In addition to the Core requirements or Foundational Studies Program requirements, students must take the following courses, as indicated below.
You can download a checksheet that lists all the required courses, including the Foundational Studies Program requirements.
The following English courses: (28 credits)
- ENGL 198 Introduction to English Studies
- ENGL 302 Technical Rhetoric
- ENGL 304 Argument
- ENGL 312 Technical Communication Applications
- ENGL 403 Technical Editing
- ENGL 405 Print Document Production
- ENGL 415 On-Screen Document Production
- ENGL 493 Internship (3 credits)
- ENGL 499 Capstone in Technical Communication
The following Information Technology and Supply Chain Management courses: (9 credits)
- ITM 104 Operating Systems and Word Processing Topics (1 credit)
- ITM 105 Spreadsheet Topics (1 credit)
- ITM 106 Database Topics (1 credit)
Communication courses chosen from: (6 credits)
- COMM 101 Fundamentals of Speech Communication
- COMM 302 Research Methods
- COMM 304 Perspectives of Inquiry
- COMM 307 Interviewing
- COMM 321 Rhetorical Theories
- COMM 361 Organizational Communication
- COMM 390 Conflict Management
- COMM 478 Public Relations
- COMM 481 Studies in Interpersonal Communication
- COMM 483 Studies in Organizational Communication
- COMM 484 Studies in Rhetoric and Public Persuasion
Accounting, General Business, Management, Information Technology Management, and Sociology courses chosen from: (6 credits)
- ACCT 205 Introduction to Financial Accounting
- ACCT 206 Introduction to Managerial Accounting
- GENBUS 441 Business in Society: Ethics, Responsibility & Sustainability
- ITM 310 Business Intelligence
- ITM 315 Database Systems
- MGMT 301 Management and Organizational Theory
- MGMT 401 Organizational Behavior
- MGMT 405 Management of Continuous Learning
- SOC 487 Organizational Theory and Bureaucratic Structure
Notes: Technical Communication Emphasis students are advised not to take ENGL 202 Introduction to Technical Communication to fulfill a DLS requirement. The information covered in ENGL 202 is covered in greater detail in two required courses: ENGL 302 and 312.
**Students may take the COBE Computer Placement Exam toÂ place out of ITM 104 Operating Systems and Word Processing Topics, ITM 105 Spreadsheet Topics, and ITM 106 Database Topics or take any of these courses for credit. Students who place out of any of these three courses still must meet the 120-credit graduation requirement.
***COMM 101 can be counted as fulfilling one of the DLS field requirements.
All courses used toward the English degree must be passed with a grade of C- or higher.