The Certificate in Technical Communication at Boise State is intended primarily for those students who do not wish to become professional technical communicators, but who wish to improve their writing and editing skills.
The certificate consists of three required courses and two courses chosen from a list of electives. A large selection of electives enables students to focus their certificate program on their interests or passions.
Note: The following requirements are effective as of Fall 2018 (for students using the 2018-2019 catalog and later). For students using the 2017-2018 catalog or earlier, please contact your advisor for more information.
Technical Communication Certificate
|Course Number and Title||Credits|
|ENGL 202 Introduction to Technical Communication||3|
|ENGL 403 Editing for Clear Communication||3|
|ENGL 415 Technical Documentation and Usability||3|
|Two of the following courses:||5-6|
Application and Admission
There are no application and admission requirements. However, you must fulfill the prerequisites of each course you choose.
To obtain a certificate you must:
- have already completed or complete, at the same time as the certificate, an associate or baccalaureate degree
- complete the number of credits specified for your program
- attain a cumulative grade-point average (GPA) of 2.0
- attain a grade of C- or higher in all upper-division courses required by the certificate, unless otherwise required by department
- not have a grade of I (incomplete) on your record
- complete graduation application by posted deadline
You may apply for graduation by logging on to your my.BoiseState student account. You must pay a non-refundable graduation application fee when applying.