Majors in English
We offer four emphases for majoring with a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) degree in English:
- The Linguistics emphasis provides a rich and diverse experience for students interested in the scientific study of language.
- Together with other students, students in the Literature emphasis explore exciting ideas and inspiring works of imaginative writing.
- Teaching English Language Arts (TELA)
- Students in the Teaching Language Arts program support and inquire with educators and young people as they create, lead, and change their communities through the English language arts.
- Writing, Rhetoric, and Technical Communication (WRTC)
- WRTC majors are trained to become writing specialists, as they gain rhetorical and practical skills that fit today’s workplace and help them make a difference in the world.
Minors and Certificates in English
First-Year Writing Program
Our department is also home to Boise State’s award-winning program in first-year writing.